Paris may be known as the City of Love and Lights but Dublin is where its at! Whether you are in a long term relationship, Looking for love on a budget or alternatively feeling flush and fancy splashing the cash, our expert team has Valentine’s day in Dublin covered for you!
Great ideas if you are Single and Ready to Mingle.
- Cinemas are great places to hook up if you are on your lonesome this Valentines Day! Avoid the busier cinemas and the romantic ones such as Stella Cinema and head to the Boutique Cinemas. The Irish Film Institute and the Lighthouse show great movies . After the movie, head to the bar areas where you can enjoy great food, wine and craft beer as well as chat to the patrons about the Movie. Think of it its a natural ice breaker!
- Alternatively, join the elite Guinness Record Breakers Club! The guys down at the CHQ Building are attempting to break the Guinness Book of records for the largest Speed dating event. They are looking for at least 650 Men and Women. Your €15 ticket will include entrance to the event, welcome drink, snacks entertainment and the opportunity to find the Love of your life. Best of all, Tickets for this incredible event are in aid of Movember and Breast Cancer Ireland so you will be doing your bit for charity as well as having a cracking night
Splash the cash & Splurge
- Who doesn’t love a bit of luxury on Valentines day … Apart from the person who is paying for it. While Money can’t buy happiness it an can fund a night of unashamed indulgence! An overnight stay in the luxurious Fitzwilliam Hotel with Dinner from an award winning chef and a sumptuous breakfast will set you back a modest €419 ( Champagne) .
- You will be spoiled for choice when dining out in Dublin. Book now to reserve a place in Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud! Ireland’s only Two Star Michelin restaurant. The internationally acclaimed innovative dishes are prepared from the finest ingredients and blend a mixture of contemporary Irish with French classical cuisine. Romance will be in the air in the wonderful luxurious surroundings of The Merrion 5 star hotel!
Romance on a budget
- You don’t have to be spend a small fortune to show your person how much you love them. Share a Romantic kiss on the Halfpenny Bridge have a romantic beside the miniature waterfall or hedge Maze in the Iveagh Gardens or even share an ice cream in the Phoenix Park.
- Visit the relics of St. Patrick in the Whitefriar Church on Aungier Street. St. Valentine, the patron saint of love, was executed in Rome in the 3rd century. An Irish priest, Fr. John Spratt, was granted permission by then Pope Gregory XVI to exhume his remains. He took them home as a gift to his fellow Irishmen and women, and now his skeleton lies in Dublin 2.
- While the Zoo is always very popular with young romantics, why not head out to the Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin. There you can wander around the acres of pathways brimming with blossoms and check out the 3 amazing hot houses.
Ps Happy Valentines to everyone! Drop into us to learn about more great things to do in Dublin on Valentines Day.
Whether you are in a relationship or footless and fancy free, have a great time on Valentines Day in Dublin.